Monday, March 26, 2012

My First Vacation

ROAD TRIP!!! This past weekend I took my first vacation! Being 6 weeks old is a LOT of work. I wake up, I eat, then I burp, then I get a new diaper, then I go to sleep, then I wake up, then I...well you get the picture. I take the words of poet laureate Ferris Bueller to heart, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." He is a wise, wise man. I hope I grow up to be just like him. (Mommy just piped in and said "You better not!".

Anyway, on Thursday night, Papa flew in to Dallas to meet us and Bubbe so we could drive down to Houston for Cousin Ava's Baby Naming. Papa came here first to be able to spend some extra quality time with me.  I'm a lucky little girl! I missed him a lot!

Unfortunately we couldn't make it to the naming since it was on Shabbat, but on Saturday afternoon I got a surprise visit from Uncle Alan, Ava's Daddy. We were so excited to meet each other!

We took this picture on Sunday:

Me and Uncle Alan

On Sunday we went over to Aunt Emily's parent's house to spend time with our family and meet Ava. It was so fun. We even took pictures with Papa and Bubbe holding us.

Ava and I cuddle with Bubby and Papa
I'm so lucky to have a cousin so close in age to me (7 weeks and 2 days to be exact).

Well, we're back home in Dallas now and I need a vacation from this vacation. Time for another nap!

- Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment